Designing a multi-purpose space in your home is a great way to encourage your family to practice the performing arts. You and your kids can use this space for acting, singing, dancing, and making music. At Young School of Piano, we know how important it is to have access to an artistic outlet. By building a performing arts studio right in your home, you’ll always be able to practice your favorite artistic hobbies.
Make Your Multi-Purpose Room Comfortable
Think about what elements would make your multi-purpose room feel more comfortable, like a ceiling fan, air conditioning, or soft lighting.
- Consider investing in a window A/C unit to keep the room cool in the summer.
- If you’re looking for someone to install a ceiling fan, I’d suggest hiring someone with experience.
- Make sure there’s enough light to see, but also some lighting specifically for ambiance.
- Get a few ergonomic musician chairs.
Consider Soundproofing Issues
If you’ll be using your multi-purpose room to practice singing or making music, make sure it’s well sound-proofed so you can keep peace with your neighbors.
- Basements make great music rooms because they’re naturally insulated by the earth.
- Apply acoustic foam panels to the walls to absorb sound.
- If there are rooms below your studio, use thick soundproofing mats.
Add Decor and Accessories
Once you have a comfortable and soundproof multi-purpose room, it’s time to add a few decorations. The right accessories will make your room feel like a real performing arts studio!
- Put your musical instruments on display. For example, you could hang guitars on the wall.
- Hang some floating shelves to display your artistic trinkets.
- Have fun with different paint colors, patterns, and textures.
Creating a multi-purpose room can be a lot of fun! You can decorate the space however you want. Just remember to add comfort features, like a ceiling fan and ergonomic chairs, to ensure your household artists can comfortably practice for hours on end!
Do you want to learn how to play jazz, gospel, and other contemporary piano styles? Young School of Piano offers in-person and online lessons to people all over the world! Call 443-741-1596 today for a free consultation.
Photo via Pexels